Higher Level Skills

The principle aim of the Higher Level Skills program is to help individuals gain higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in a priority industry or to transition to university to continue their studies.

Once a Certificate IV level qualification has been completed participants will no longer be eligible for a subsidised training place under the Higher Level Skills program.

For more information see the Queensland Government Higher Level Skills student fact sheet

To be eligible for the Higher Lever Skills program, individuals must:

  • be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
  • permanently reside in Queensland
  • be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to/permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
  • not hold, and not be enrolled in, a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.

CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) also requires individuals to hold a trade qualification (Certificate III) in the Construction Industry.

Under the Higher Level Skills Funding, the Queensland Government will subsidise the training costs for the following qualifications with Capital Training Institute Pty Ltd (RTO: 88145).

CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)

Student Contribution Fee

A Student Contribution Fee applies to all students undertaking the Higher Skills Level Program

Any replacement Qualification and Record of Results will be charged an extra fee of $30.00 per reprint.

CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
Non-concessional Concessional 
$500 total or $31.25  per unit $400 total or $25.00 per unit

Please note: Participants are required to obtain a copy of the National Construction Code (NCC) complete series. This is available for free at www.abcb.gov.au.

Concessional student status applies when:

  • the student holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card, and is named on the card
  • the student provides the PQS with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, his or her partner or the person of whom the student is a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a health care or pensioner concession card
  • the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
  • the student has a disability
  • the student is an adult prisoner.