This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to assist with project scheduling activities, apply and monitor the agreed project schedule, and evaluate the effectiveness of time management for the project.
This unit applies to a project practitioner working in a project support role.
The individual may be operating in a large or small organisation and applying skills in the context of enterprise projects.
The project practitioner may be part of a project team under the direction of a project manager, or may work as part of a smaller scale self-directed team.
This unit has generic application to a range of industries and organisations and a range of projects, from simple to complex.
In the context of this unit a project is defined as involving:
• a practical and comprehensive project plan
• a documented communications strategy
• a detailed project budget
• strategic engagement with stakeholders
• a risk, issues and change-management methodology
• a quality plan with assurance and control processes
• a supportive team-based environment.
The functions performed in project work, where formal project management methodology is not the main focus, are covered by BSBPMG522A Undertake project work