This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to manage risks that may impact on achieving project objectives. It involves identifying, analysing, treating and monitoring project risks, and assessing risk-management outcomes.
This unit applies to those responsible for managing and leading a project in an organisation, business or as a consultant.
The project manager operates within assigned authority levels, and is responsible for own performance and the performance of others.
The project manager may undertake the work in the context of an organisational program and/or portfolio of projects.
This unit has generic application for projects in a range of industries, organisations and contexts.
In the context of this unit a project is defined as involving:
• a comprehensive, detailed and integrated project management plan
• a formal communications plan
• a dedicated and project-based budget
• formal and planned engagement with a wide range of stakeholders
• a documented risk, issues and change-management methodology
• a quality plan with assurance and control processes
• a project team-based environment.