If I have studied a similar course elsewhere, how do I transfer my previous college credits to Capital Training Institute?

Capital Training Institute offers recognition of prior learning and even guaranteed credit for specific courses with a connection to industry. Capital Training Institute allows you to capitalise on your existing knowledge by awarding credit for prior learning and experience. Your Capital Training Institute qualification could earn up to a full year of guaranteed course credit.

See if you are eligible by filling your candidate profile here: http://www.ctiaustralia.edu.au/content/candidate-profile

Are the fees tax deductible?

The loan fee, the compulsory repayment and any voluntary repayment of a student’s VET FEE-HELP debt is not tax deductible.

However, students whose training is ‘work-related’ or has the ability to increase their earning capacity may be able to receive a tax concession. Prospective students would need to seek further information at https://www.ato.gov.au/to confirm their training is tax deductible.

Will my previous debts affect my eligibility?

Any previous study you have undertaken, and any other financial debts you may have incurred will not affect your eligibility to access a VET FEE‑HELP loan.

As long as you meet the above eligibility criteria and have enough of your FEE‑HELP limit (see above) left to cover your tuition fees, you will be able to access VET FEE‑HELP.

Can subsidised students receive VET FEE‑HELP?

Yes, if the student is eligible and is currently subsidised by:

  • A state or territory government (other than the Australian Capital Territory) studying a diploma or advanced diploma course; OR
  • The Victorian, South Australian, Queensland, Western Australian and New South Wales Government studying in a specified certificate IV course (nominated courses vary by state) as part of the Certificate IV Trial (concluding in December 2016)

VET FEE‑HELP is currently only available for full fee paying students. ACT Government subsidised students will be able to access VET FEE‑HELP in 2015.

For further information regarding eligibility requirements for subsidised training, visit the respective state government websites as follows:

  • Victoria - Skills Victoria website
  • Queensland - Great skills, Real opportunities Program
  • New South Wales - Smart and Skilled
How can I apply for VET FEE-HELP?

Refer to the Federal Government's Study Assist website.

To apply for a VET FEE-HELP loan, you will need a tax file number (TFN) and a ‘Request for VET FEE-HELP Assistance’ form from Capital Training Institute.

Before you sign and submit your form you must read the VET FEE-HELP information for 2014 booklet. The form will ask you to provide your TFN. If you don’t have a TFN, you can give your provider a Certificate of Application for a TFN. This certificate is available from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) after you have applied for a TFN. Contact the ATO on 13 28 61 for TFN information.

You must submit the signed and completed form to your provider by the census date or administrative date. If do not submit your form on or before the census date, you will not be eligible for a VET FEE-HELP loan.

Am I eligible to apply for VET FEE-HELP?

You are eligible for VET FEE‑HELP if you:

-          Are an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of the unit);

-          Have not exceeded the FEE‑HELP limit; AND

-          Meet course requirements as follows:

o   Are a full fee-paying / fee for service student studying a diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma level course at an approved VET FEE‑HELP provider; OR

o   Are a student subsidised by a state or territory government (other than the Australian Capital Territory) studying a diploma or advanced diploma course; OR

o   Are a student subsidised by the Victorian, South Australian, Queensland, Western Australian and New South Wales Government studying in a specified certificate IV course (nominated courses vary by state) as part of the Certificate IV Trial that concludes in December 2016; AND

o   Are enrolled with an approved provider in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit.

For more information regarding eligibility requirements, read the VET FEE‑HELP Information booklet, available on the Commonwealth Government's Study Assist website's publications page or visit http://www.ctiaustralia.edu.au/content/vetfee.              

What is census date? Why is it important?

Census date is the last date for a student to withdraw from a Capital Training Institute course or qualifications without incurring financial liability. This is important to VET FEE HELP Students because withdrawing from a VET unit of study after the census date will not allow the tuition fees to be refunded and the student will incur a HELP debt for that VET unit of study.

For more information about our payment, cancellation, and refund policies visit http://www.ctiaustralia.edu.au/content/payment-cancellation-and-refund-policy

How do I update my personal information?

To update your personal information, simply login to your Student Portal through the Capital Training Institute website. Follow the following link to access the Portal Login: http://cti.thefrontlinegroup.com.au/

Once you enter the portal using your personal login information, select the settings you are looking to update. 

Will my CTI qualification help me to get a job/promotion?

Capital Training Institute’s (CTI) courses have been carefully developed in consultation with industry bodies and experts.
Students and participants who complete a qualification with Capital Training Institute receive a set of career-relevant practical skills that are highly valuable to employers and help differentiate them from other candidates on the job market.
If you have any questions regarding our courses, please contact Capital Training Institute on AUSenquiries@ctiaustralia.edu.au or call 1300 1300 CTI EDU.

I am on a disability pension and would like to take on further study. What are my entitlements? Who should I contact?

You may be eligible for assistance through Centrelink and the Pensioner Education Supplement or ABSTUDY Pensioner Education Supplement.

Applications for assistance are assessed by Centrelink, and therefore any prospective student or participant should contact Centrelink office to discuss eligibility.

This program is administered to Centrelink and more information and contact details can be found on the Human Services website:

Leave blank for all. Otherwise, the first selected term will be the default instead of "Any".