Certificate IV in Building and Construction
Why study our course?
This is your first step towards starting your own building business and or preparing to apply for a builder’s licence. Our accelerated Certificate IV course is designed to use your existing knowledge and experience that you have gained over the years whilst working in the building and construction industry; this means you will be able to complete your qualification at an accelerated rate.
- It could be your educational requirement for your builders’ licence or your next step towards a higher level construction position.
- We recognise your previous work experiences with our accelerated training.
- To build a greater understanding of how to manage your business and its finances; Whilst also building a detailed understanding of your states structural principles and legal obligations.
18 weeks. Workshops 1 night a week plus self study and assessment, all classes are after work hours (5-9pm AEST)
- To enrol students must have significant building and construction experience or 12 months post trade certificate experience.
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) abilities.
- Must have a laptop or computer available.
Been in the industry for too long? Maybe RPL is the way to go.
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
|CPCCBC4002A||Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace|
|CPCCBC4001A||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects|
|CPCCBC4003A||Select and prepare a construction contract|
|CPCCBC4012B||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCBC4009B||Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects|
|BSBSMB406A||Manage small business finance|
|CPCCBC4024A||Resolve business disputes|
|CPCCBC4018A||Apply site surveys and set out procedures to building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4005A||Produce labour and material schedules for ordering|
|CPCCBC4006B||Select procure and store construction materials for low rise projects|
|CPCCBC4004A||Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4010B||Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions|
|CPCCBC4011B||Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions|
|CPCCBC4007A||Plan building or construction work|
|CPCCBC4008B||Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects|
Fees and Funding,
Please see below for our fee for service and funded pricing for our accelerated Certificate IV in Building and Construction,
Fee for Service (FFS): $4,900
Construction Skills Queensland (QLD): $500
Smart and Skilled Funding (NSW): $2,850
Training Fund Authority (ACT): $2,340
With all of CTI’s courses, we can offer payment plans so you can start studying immediately to achieve your goals faster! For more information about funding or our pricing structure please click here
Don’t let money stop you from achieving your dreams, please contact us so we can discuss a plan to assist you in reaching your goals.
Upcoming Start Dates
- Wednesday, 8th of December 2020
- Tuesday, 12th of January 2021
- Thursday, 28th of January 2021