HLTSS00064 Infection Control Skill Set (Aged and Disability Sectors) | ACT
Infection Control Skill Set
ESSENTIAL COVID-19-RELATED TRAINING FOR AGED & DISABILITY CARE WORKERS IN THE ACT
Fee FREE for eligible students.
or $120 (exclusive of GST) per person for participants who are not eligible for a subsidised training place.
ONLINE (Online and on-the-job)
BLENDED (Face-to-face and on-the-job)
HLTSS00064 Course Overview
The HLTSS00064 Infection Control Skill Set courses have been specially developed to up-skill employees in the Aged Care, Disability, and Healthcare industries. This course is designed to provide workers with the proper skills and knowledge to follow basic infection prevention and control policies to manage the risk of transmission posed by COVID-19 within the workplace.
Multiple hygiene problems arise within the Aged Care, Disability, and Healthcare industry, and these situations are touched on and dealt with in this specific certification so that students can readily transfer their skills into a working environment. Students will learn how to minimise exposure, how to deal with proper distancing, combat the possibilities of infection during shift changes, and much more.
Participants of the HLTSS00064 will learn a range of skills including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Key modes of disease transmission
- Breaking the chain of infection
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Distancing including social distancing
- Surface and environmental cleaning
- Identification of hazards and risks controls
Reasons for Studying
The HLTSS00064 Infection Control Skill Set course follows organisational infection prevention and control policies and procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks in organisations operating in the Aged Care, Disability, and Healthcare industry.
What You Will Learn
Students who successfully complete the nationally recognised Infection Control Skill Set course will have a thorough and sought-after understanding of workplace procedures and best practices through the global pandemic and will be uniquely prepared for roles in management for the Aged Care, Disability, and Healthcare industries.
Upon completion, students will have gained skills that allow them to follow organisational infection prevention and control policies and procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks in organisations that include Aged Care, Disability, and Healthcare in their daily operations.
The HLTSS00064 unit has been created for individuals working in aged and disability settings who require the skills and knowledge to decrease the risk of infection transmission carrying out their daily work duties. Students engaging in this course will need:
- A computer, mobile phone, or tablet with video functions for assessment purposes
- Stable and reliable internet access
- Have not previously completed this Skill Set or other accredited Infection Control Skill Sets
- Currently employed in a customer-facing role within the Aged Care, Disability and Healthcare industry
Skilled Capital Eligibility
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder
- resident for more than six (6) months, or
- a person who holds a visa that is identified as being eligible, and
- living or working in the ACT, and
- at least 15 years of age, and
- employed in a customer-facing role at the time of enrolment.
Ready to Study the Infection Control Skill Set course?
If you’re ready to undertake our infection control training for healthcare workers alongside industry-leading trainers, contact our team today on 1300 284 277 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you’re still curious about what we offer, browse our range of healthcare courses now!
About the National
The National Infection Control Training Fund is a joint initiative by the Commonwealth and states/territories to support the accelerated uptake of the new nationally accredited Infection Control Skill Sets. Training places are available for customer-facing employees in any industry, with funding prioritised for workers in retail, tourism, transport and logistics, hospitality, cleaning and security services industries and to increase infection control skill levels in sectors such as aged and disability care. The training is intended to support ACT businesses to re-open safely following the COVID-19 health and economic crisis, reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and supporting consumer confidence that it is safe to re-engage with businesses. This initiative is funded by the ACT and Australian Governments through the Project Agreement for the National Infection Control Training Fund, which commenced in May 2020 and will expire on 30 June 2021.
Skilled Capital Information
This course is offered under Skilled Capital. *Additional eligibility criteria may apply to undertake the Skilled Capital Infection Control fee-free training. Note: students undertaking the Skilled Capital Infection Control and Food Handling skill sets are not are not eligible for a completion payment
- You will require a computer and adequate internet access. To complete the assessment, you will require a mobile device or tablet with video function.
- CTI provides technical support or help with digital literacy skills. You will be given information on how to access and use the online learning platform (e-Learn).
- If you are entering this program under Skilled Capital, you must commence within 5 days (from the time of enrolment).
- All training and assessment for Infection Control Training Products must be completed within 5 weeks of the student record creation date
Ph no. 1300 284 277
Address: Ground Floor, 10 Corinna Street, Phillip ACT 2606