HLTSS00065 Infection Control Skill Set (Retail) | ACT
Infection Control Skill Set
ESSENTIAL COVID-19-RELATED TRAINING FOR RETAIL SECTOR WORKERS IN THE ACT
Fee FREE for eligible students.
or $120 (exclusive of GST) per person for participants who are not eligible for a subsidised training place.
ONLINE (Online and on-the-job)
BLENDED (Face-to-face and on-the-job)
HLTSS00065 Course Overview
To keep Australian workers safe during COVID-19, the Australian Government has announced four national infection control skill sets that have been endorsed by COAG Skills Council. These skill sets offer nationally recognised training to frontline workers in the retail, food handling, and transport, and logistics industries. The HLTSS00065 Infection Control Skill Set course is specifically designed for students looking to learn a variety of health and hygiene skills that can be applied to the retail and customer services industries.
Multiple hygiene problems that arise within retail spaces are touched on and dealt with in this specific certification so that students can rest assured knowing they can transfer their skills into a working situation. Students will learn how to minimise exposure on racks and shelves, how to deal with proper distancing at checkout counters, combat the possibilities of infection during shift changes, and much more.
Participants of the HLTSS00065 will learn a range of skills including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surfaces cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identifications, control, and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
Reasons for Studying
The HLTSS00065 Infection Control Skill Set course follows organisational infection prevention and control policies and procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks in organisations operating in the retail industry.
What You Will Learn
Graduates of this nationally recognised course will have a thorough and sought-after understanding of workplace procedures and best practices through the lens of a global pandemic and will be uniquely prepared for roles in management for the retail and customer services industries.
Upon completion, students will follow the standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control in the workplace, and be able to properly identify infection hazards, undertake risk assessments, and follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards. This unit of competency also provides credit towards qualifications in a range of training packages where infection control skills are required.
This HLTSS00065 unit is designed for individuals working in various capacities in retail settings who require the skills and knowledge to decrease the risk of and transmission of infection while carrying out their daily work duties. Students will need:
- A computer, mobile phone, or tablet with video functions for assessment purposes
- Stable and reliable internet access
- Have not previously completed this Skill Set or other accredited Infection Control Skill Sets
Skilled Capital Eligibility
- An Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zeland passport holder.
- Resident for more than six(6) months, or
- A person who holds a VISA that is identified as being eligible, and
- Living or working in the ACT, and
- At least 15 years old of age, and
- Employed in a customer-facing role at time of enrolment.
Ready to Study the HLTSS00065 Infection Control Skill Set course?
If you’re ready to start the HLTSS00065 Infection Control Skill Set course and work alongside industry-leading trainers, contact our team today on 1300 284 277 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you’re still curious about what we offer, browse our community health courses today!
About the National
The National Infection Control Training Fund is a joint initiative by the Commonwealth and states/territories to support the accelerated uptake of the new nationally accredited Infection Control Skill Sets. Training places are available for customer-facing employees in any industry, with funding prioritised for workers in retail, tourism, transport and logistics, hospitality, cleaning and security services industries and to increase infection control skill levels in sectors such as aged and disability care. The training is intended to support ACT businesses to re-open safely following the COVID-19 health and economic crisis, reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and supporting consumer confidence that it is safe to re-engage with businesses. This initiative is funded by the ACT and Australian Governments through the Project Agreement for the National Infection Control Training Fund, which commenced in May 2020 and will expire on 30 June 2021.
Skilled Capital Information
This course is offered under Skilled Capital. *Additional eligibility criteria may apply to undertake the Skilled Capital Infection Control fee-free training. Note: students undertaking the Skilled Capital Infection Control and Food Handling skill sets are not are not eligible for a completion payment.
- You will require a computer and adequate internet access. To complete the assessment, you will require a mobile device or tablet with video function.
- CTI provides technical support or help with digital literacy skills. You will be given information on how to access and use the online learning platform (e-Learn).
- If you are entering this program under Skilled Capital, you must commence within 5 days (from the time of enrolment).
- All training and assessment for Infection Control Training Products must be completed within 5 weeks of the student record creation date
Ph no. 1300 284 277
Address: Ground Floor, 10 Corinna Street, Phillip ACT 2606