INFECTION CONTROL TRAINING | NSW | HOSPITALITY
Infection Control Skill Set
ESSENTIAL COVID-19-RELATED TRAINING FOR HOSPITALITY SECTOR WORKERS IN THE ACT
Fee FREE for eligible students.
or $120 (exclusive of GST) per person for participants who are not eligible for a subsidised training place.
ONLINE (Online and on-the-job)
BLENDED (Face-to-face and on-the-job)
This course is to help you minimise the risk of infections at your workplace. As part of the service staff, bar staff or even as a business owner, it’s important for you to upgrade your skill sets to accurately manage this crisis. Understand the systems and processes that are designed to properly sanitise all the service areas, manage shift changes and also maintain a high level of customer confidence in your brand.
A set of skills to follow organisational infection prevention and control policies and procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks in the workplace.
Participant Eligibility for Funded Training
- An Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zeland passport holder.
- Resident for more than six(6) months, or
- A person who holds a VISA that is identified as being eligible, and
- Living or working in the ACT, and
- At least 15 years old of age, and
- Employed in a customer-facing role at time of enrolment.
About the National
The National Infection Control Training Fund is a joint initiative by the Commonwealth and states/territories to support the accelerated uptake of the new nationally accredited Infection Control Skill Sets. Training places are available for customer-facing employees in any industry, with funding prioritised for workers in retail, tourism, transport and logistics, hospitality, cleaning and security services industries and to increase infection control skill levels in sectors such as aged and disability care. The training is intended to support ACT businesses to re-open safely following the COVID-19 health and economic crisis, reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and supporting consumer confidence that it is safe to re-engage with businesses. This initiative is funded by the ACT and Australian Governments through the Project Agreement for the National Infection Control Training Fund, which commenced in May 2020 and will expire on 30 June 2021.
Skilled Capital Information
This course is offered under Skilled Capital. *Additional eligibility criteria may apply to undertake the Skilled Capital Infection Control fee-free training. Note: students undertaking the Skilled Capital Infection Control and Food Handling skill sets are not are not eligible for a completion payment
- You will require a computer and adequate internet access. To complete the assessment, you will require a mobile device or tablet with video function.
- CTI provides technical support or help with digital literacy skills. You will be given information on how to access and use the online learning platform (e-Learn).
- If you are entering this program under Skilled Capital, you must commence within 5 days (from the time of enrolment).
- All training and assessment for Infection Control Training Products must be completed within 5 weeks of the student record creation date
Ph no. 1300 284 277
Address: Ground Floor, 10 Corinna Street, Phillip ACT 2606